Bonding is among the easiest and least expensive cosmetic dental procedures. The resin used in bonding can be shaped and polished to match the surrounding teeth. Tooth bonding benefits both your oral health and improves your appearance. It may be recommended for several reasons:
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Fixing gaps in teeth
- Concealing discoloration
The Bonding Procedure
The bonding process can be completed in one visit, usually taking between 30-60 minutes to complete.
- Initially, a shade of composite resin is matched to the shade of your teeth as closely as possible.
- Then, an adhering liquid is applied to help the bonding material hold to your teeth.
- Once the resin adheres, it is smoothed to the desired shape and hardened with a high-intensity light.
- Once hardened, some final touchups are made, and the area is polished to resemble the rest of your teeth.
To find out more about tooth bonding or to schedule an appointment, call Plano Smile Design at 972-517-6453.